As with much of the world, India is in lock down. But that’s where the similarities end for millions of families living in India’s slums. As you take precautions to help prevent the spread of the coronavirus, please take a moment to thank God for the blessings He has given you.
There are vulnerable families in India who:
- Are living in overcrowded, poorly ventilated, one-room huts. Social distancing is not possible.
- Can’t wash their hands frequently, because clean water is in short supply.
- Must use community toilets because they have no bathrooms in their tiny homes.
- Can’t stock up on food and supplies because there is rarely enough money to buy those necessities as it is. Now they are at even greater risk for hunger because the supply chains are severely compromised.
- Are unconcerned about school closings because they can’t afford to send a child to school.
We are seeing selfless acts of kindness throughout our nation. There is a way that you, too, can make a significant difference even from the relative comfort of your home.
We are all God’s children. Please consider contributing to Hands of Freedom as we strive to do God’s work during this very critical time. Whether it’s the gas money you would typically spend on commuting, or the money you’d spend on your daily coffee run, even a few dollars will help us to help those who are in great need.
Thank you and God bless you.